Required Courses for Graduation
New! BC Transcript Service 2018-2019
As a student, it is your responsibility to make sure that you have the 80 credits to graduate and all the necessary courses to graduate:
Use the Grad Planner 2018-19. See your counsellor if you are concerned or unsure of your graduation status. You can also get your unofficial Transcript of Grades at the BC Student Transcript Service.
Be aware that if you fail courses in the first semester that are necessary for graduation you will jeopardize your ability to participate in the grad ceremony in June.
If you are taking courses outside of LVR (i.e. DESK or Self Design High) it is your responsibility to make sure that the counsellor knows and receives your final grade. If you are a DESK student it is your responsibility to have the DESK staff register you for government exams
1. Many colleges and universities have students apply on-line. In order to apply on-line you will need to know your Provincial Education Number(available on your report card or from the office or online), the program and or faculty you wish to enroll in, and you will need to have access to a VISA or MASTERCARD number and expiry date. You can apply on-line with counsellors if you are unsure of the process or of the questions being asked.
2. Post-Secondary Institution (PSI). The BC Transcript Service assists students applying to post-secondary institutions by sending a copy of their transcript to post-secondary institutions indicated on the form in late July, after government exams are marked and graduation has been achieved.
3. The PSI Choices link is available in February at the BC Student Transcript Service. Students must select their choices by June 30, 2019.
A transcript is a document of your official marks. A diploma (Dogwood) is the official certificate of your graduation. If your wish to get an unofficial copy of your transcript, you can see the Office for a printout and an official LVR stamp--you'll need a signature from a counsellor or administrator. Otherwise, an official transcript will be sent to you if you are a Grade 12 student or Adult Graduation student in your graduating year at the end of July if you have completed courses in the past school year.
An unofficial Transcript of Grades shows you the same course, honours, and graduation status information as your official Transcript of Grades shows.
To log in, or to create an account, you will need your Personal Education Number (PEN).
You can find your nine-digit PEN by:
- Checking your student records
- Upon request at the last school you attended
- Submitting a PEN request to the Ministry of Education
So you are in Grade 11 and are starting to think about your post-secondary options. This is the time to begin sorting out your credits, thinking about which post-secondary institutions you'll be applying to, and which scholarships & bursaries you'll be applying for. Check out our Post-Secondary Planner.
You can see your provincial exam marks in February (if you wrote in January), or in July (if you wrote in June). You'll need your PEN number to access the BC Transcript Service to view your exam marks.
There are many ways to receive your graduation credentials, through a variety of means. Some programs, such as BC Drivers' Education and the Royal Conservatory of Music will provide you with elective credits. Learn more about External Credentialing.
MyBluePrint is free for LVR students. MyBluePrint has a series of learning profile inventories to help you match a career/job with a post-secondary institution. Included is a portfolio of your favourites, a resume and cover letter builder, and a course selection planner. This is a great place to start if you want to explore who you are, and where you potentially may go after high school. SD8 My Blueprint
Choosing a career can be hard, so we've brought together the tools and resources you need to build your personalized career Blueprint. Blueprint Builder brings together career exploration, education and funding, and job search resources. Browse through them, and save the resources that interest you to your Blueprint. Create your own free account today.