Tamara Martin, Teacher Librarian, IDS Teacher
Julie Ollenberger, Clerical
Welcome back to the LVR Library! We are open from 8:15 - 3:30 daily. Due to Covid,there are rules in place to ensure the Library & our community stay safe.
Library Protocols for 2021-2022:
- Please always wear your mask (over mouth & nose).
- Please sanitize your hands on your way in.
- Please socially distance from others when possible.
- Pleae do not reshelf books you take off the shelf - place them on the trolley for us to reshelve.
- Please do not have food in the library; closed container drinks are fine.
- Maximum number of people at a time ~ 40.
How can I get help or information about the Library?
- Talk to Ms. Martin (TL) or Julie Ollenberger (Library Clerk) in the Library.
- Go to the Library website: www.lvr.sd8.bc.ca/library to access the Library catalogue, databases, encyclopedias, and much more.
- E-mail questions to firstname.lastname@example.org or call my phone extension (12530) from your classroom phone.
What can I do in the Library?
- Look for and sign out a book or pick up a book that you have on hold.
- Use the desktop computers for school work or on-line courses.
- Use the library as a quiet space to work or collaborate with others.
- Thank you for not bringing food into the Library.
How can I access Library books?
- Visit the library & look through our collection of Fiction, Non-Fiction, easy readers, ELL, Graphic Novels, audiobooks, & changing displays.
- Use the LVR Library Catalogue on-line to put a hold on a book of interest (https://lvr.sd8.bc.ca/library).
- If you want a Reference book, ask Library staff for help.
- Access e-books and audio-books (streamed) through the on-line Library catalogue.
How can I access other Library resources?
- Unfortunately, the Maker Space and its materials are not available at this time due to Covid.
How long can I take a book out for?
- The loan period for books is three weeks. You can renew your book without bringing the book in; just let us know you want a renewal.
How do I return books to the Library?
- Place books in the library drop box at the circulation desk.
If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to connect with us. Thank you for keeping our community safe & healthy!