Advanced Placement (AP) courses are rigorous, college-level classes, offered at the high school level, in a variety of subjects that give students an opportunity to gain the skills and experience colleges recognize.
Students have the opportunity to dig deeper into subjects that interest them, develop advanced research and communication skills, and learn to tap their creative, problem-solving, and analytical potential.
- AP courses give students access to rigorous college-level work
- AP students build confidence and learn the essential time management and study skills needed for college and career success
- Some AP courses provide first year university or college credit (see BC Transfer Guide here)
AP Examinations are optional, and take place in May. There is a fee attached; please consult with your Advanced Placement teacher or the LV Rogers school office.
LV Rogers offers the following Advanced Placement Courses:
- AP English Language and Composition 12
- AP English Literature and Composition 12
- AP Physics 1
- AP French Language and Culture (examination only)*
*LV Rogers students enrolled in the conseil scolaire francophone school district may be eligible to write--please consult your French Immerison teacher
For more information: AP Student College Board