REACH Alternative is a satellite campus of LV Rogers, located in downtown Nelson at 811 Stanley Street. REACH offers a program for students who have been challenged with a conventional education, and who would benefit from a smaller cohort and personalized educational planning and socio-emotional supports.
Students will participate in and have available the following programming:
- Outdoor Education Excursions
- Freedom Quest Harm Reduction Workshops
- Kootenay Art Therapy Sessions
- Aboriginal Education Program Activities
- Whitewater Resort Work Experience
- Wildflower Hot Lunch Program Work Experience
- SD8 Trades Sampler Program
- Nelson Community Services Outreach
- Food Safe and First Aid Certification
To be eligible for the REACH program, student applications are reviewed by a screening committee consisting of REACH staff, the LV Rogers School Based Team, and where applicable, Community Agencies.
Students may graduate with either a BC Dogwood Diploma or Adult Graduation Diploma.
For more information, contact REACH teacher Travis Sherstobitoff (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Staff & Administration:
Travis Sherstobitoff, REACH teacher (email@example.com)
Karee Ann Stuart, REACH Youth and Family Worker (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Jordon Konken, Vice-Principal, LV Rogers (email@example.com)