Good day out there, LVR Community.
Thanks to Ms. McGee & Mr. Wilkin for sharing pics this week of creative, hands-on, collaborative projects from their classrooms - potluck Halloween Challenge in Foods and Bridge-Design/Build/Test in Woodworking. Thanks to Mr. Morton for inviting me in to scratch my head with Grade 10's doing 'vertical math' thinking activities and Mr. Marshall for the ongoing invitation to rock/folk out at the bi-weekly Guitar class open mic.
On Wednesday, November 1st at 6:30pm in the gym we will be welcoming Interior Health Tobacco & Vapour Reduction Coordinator, Nikki Hargreaves, for an information session for LVR and Trafalgar families. Please join us if you can for this in support of healthy lungs & hearts! Click here for the event poster.
This week, grade 12's taking English in semester one will be writing the the Literacy 12 Graduation Assessment and grade 11's & 12's who have not yet written the Literacy 10 and/or Numeracy 10 Graduation Assessments have been sent an invitation for a make-up session to write these this week. Please see the links below for more information about these required graduation assessments and note that students can write these up to three times to improve their scores which do show up on their transcripts.
Grad 2024 parents, please be sure to give your contact information through to this year's Graduation Parent Committee Executive through the form at https://forms.gle/4Pt7MftEVJrPbg3U9 to help them out with the many decisions and tasks associated with the family roles for grad.
Drivers & e-bikers, please be sure to slow down and be mindful of pedestrians crossing the school to the school bus and the city bus after school. We are also looking into having crosswalks added in these locations.
- To the Details...
- SD8 2023-24 School Calendar
- Upcoming Dates
- Green Team Meetings - Tuesdays at lunch in Room 207
- Student Council Meetings - Wednesdays at lunch in Room 106
- Interior Health Vaping Information Session for LVR & TMS Families - November 1 at 6:30 in LVR Gym
- SD8 Online Parent Engagement Session - Scholarships - November 2 at 6:00
- Physics Trip to Vancouver - November 2-5
- Time Change - November 5
- End of Term 1 - November 10
- Term 1 Reports Published to MyEducationBC Portals - November 24 - In the meantime, please be sure to know how to access at least your student portals to access reports
- LVR ATHLETICS UPDATE:
- Wednesday, November 1
- Jr. & Sr. Boys Volleyball at SHSS
- November 3-5
- Cross Country Running Provincials in Surrey
- Boys Soccer Zones at J.L. Crowe
- Sr. Girls Volleyball at Selkirk Secondary School
- November 4
- Jr. Girls Volleyball Play Day at LVR
McCreary’s Youth Advisory & Action Council created the Youth Action Grants (up to $750) to provide B.C. youth aged 12 to 19 years old with the opportunity to lead a project aimed at improving youth health in their school and/or community. The continuous application process is open until all the funds are distributed.
Take care, everyone.
Dan Rude - Principal, LVR & REACH