In 2019-20, there are three provincial assessments:
These assessments will be written end of semester in November and April 2020.
Graduation Numeracy Assessment
This assessment is cross-disciplinary, involving math skills, reading skills, ability to analyze graphs, and critical thinking skills. Results are reported in a 4 point proficiency scale: emerging, developing, proficient, extending.
Students will have up to two opportunities to re-write the Graduation Numeracy Assessment after grade ten.
To see videos explaining the Graduation Numeracy Assessment, or to try a sample, click here.
Graduation Literacy Assessment
This assessment must be written once in the Grade 10 year. Students may write again prior to their Grade 12 year. Grade 12 students will not write the GLA 12, but LV Rogers will pilot it in early April in select English 12 classes.
For current information on the Graduation Literacy Assessment, click here.
Career Life Connections: Capstone 12
The Capstone project is a new graduation requirement that will allow students to demonstrate their learning using an area(s) of interest as the basis for the project, ideally an area they are passionate about and/or intend to pursue after graduation.
See the LV Rogers Capstone Fair (January 2019) video below.
Capstone 12 can take several forms including, but not limited to:
- school or community service projects
- academic research presentations
- coaching or volunteering presentation
- Fitness, nutrition, or athletics projects/presentations
- trades or career pathway planning presentation
- script writing, multi-media, creative writing, art presentations
- dance, music, theatre, music composition presentations
- coding, technology, game building models
- workplace readiness presentation
- personal interest exploration
- gap year service leadership exploration
Capstone 12 will prepare students for scholarship presentations and applications, university or college entrance, and will help build their confidence through connecting to an area of personal interest.
For more information on the Career Life Connections Curriculum, click here.