Good day out there, LVR Community.
Unfortunately I did not get an update photo for this week, but will be looking to showcase a photo each week of the great learning going on at LVR through the year. Thank you to everyone involved for the smooth startup over the past few weeks!
Our SD8 websites have gone through an upgrade through the summer and I will be work on updating LVR content over the next while, including our Student Handbook. For now, please be sure to go thoroughly through these documents that were also presented in detail this past week at our grade-based opening assemblies.
- LVR Declaration of Inclusion - https://lvr.sd8.bc.ca/node/48859 - created collaboratively by a group of 25-30 students last year in Mr. Wooldridge's Comparative Cultures 12 class.
- LVR's updated Attendance Policies & Procedures - https://lvr.sd8.bc.ca/attendance/lvr - intended to clarify and improve upon communication and prevent students from falling behind in classes, which tends to lead to high levels of stress & anxiety.
- Upcoming Dates
- School Photos - September 11
- LVR Green Team Meetings - Tuesdays at lunch in Room 207
- School Planning Day, no school for students - September 22
- SD8 Truth & Reconciliation Assemblies at schools - September 29
- National Day for Truth & Reconciliation Statutory Holiday - October 2
- Thanksgiving Holiday - October 9
- For dates for LVR Athletics, please see the whiteboard in the front foyer and our Athletic Director, Mr. MacKinnon
- School Fees
- Please visit https://lvr.sd8.bc.ca/fees/lvr and view your student's schedule for which specific fees to pay
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to access financial support for specific fees
- Information about our Cafeteria startup and lunch ordering will be sent home soon
From Our Community & Beyond...